Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are vital for the success of any modern organisation. However, how can you, as an HR professional or business leader, leverage technology to implement an inclusion strategy to attract, hire, grow and promote a diverse workforce?
We decided to ask the expert! In our recent HR Power Session, Oana Iordechescu, Founder of We Include, shared her go-to tools with AI powered features that can help you enhance D&I in your hiring process. Head to the Circular Community to watch the full session and get Oana's full insights and analysis, plus you'll find presentation slides there too!
In the meantime, we've put together a short guide to the best AI- powered tools that can help you enhance D&I in your hiring process.
1. Sourcing and Outreach Tools
It may seem odd to say this, but AI-driven tools can help you to create a personalised experience for candidates allowing you to create specific campaigns for different groups and improve how you match them to positions. In addition, by actively seeking out potential talent, you can find candidates that might otherwise be missed.
- Diversely.io: provides data-driven insights and tools to reduce bias, increase candidate engagement, and create a more equitable recruitment process. Specifically designed with European focus and GDPR compliance.
- Entelo Diversity: designed to help companies identify and engage with diverse talent
- HireEZ: focuses on unbiased sourcing and screening
- SeekOut: offers a robust talent search engine providing recruiters with tools to find candidates from various backgrounds and underrepresented groups.
- Findem: leverages AI to create people-centric searches, enabling companies to discover and attract diverse talent that aligns with specific organisational values and goals.
- Fetcher: automates the process of finding and engaging candidates, with a focus on building diverse and inclusive talent pipelines.
2. Screening and Interviewing Tools
These tools can help you to move beyond traditional interviewing with standardised and objective evaluations and enable you to do data-driven decision making, not to mention the save on time and cost. Oana shares her full review of these tools in the session.
- HireVue: Known for video assessment, it's user-friendly but on the expensive side.
- Interviewing.io and Harver: Suitable for high-volume hiring.
- Metaview: A smart note-taker for scorecards, constantly releasing new features.
3. Inclusive Language Automation Tools
Make your job descriptions and communications more inclusive in an instant.
- TextView, Talvista, and OnGig: These tools can help you with inclusive language.
- Gender Decoder: A free version to identify gendered words.
4. Platform Tools
These tools offer a wide range of features, including gender analysis and anonymised data processing.
- Pymetrics and Headstart: New tools that offer various features, including gender analysis.
5. Job Boards with a Focus on Diversity
Keep an eye on these platforms as they may soon incorporate AI features.
- 15 tech and Evenbreak: European-focused job boards for tech and disability inclusion.
Proceed with Caution
While these tools offer exciting possibilities, be mindful of potential pitfalls. Always ask about the datasets and be aware of potential biases, poor security, and unrealistic expectations.
Embracing Diversity and Inclusion is not just a noble goal; it's a practical necessity for modern organisations. With the AI tools discussed above, you can transform your hiring process, making it more fair, efficient, and inclusive. Whether you're an HR veteran or just starting your journey, we hope these insights can guide you in creating a workplace where everyone feels seen and valued. Why not explore these tools and take the next step in building a more diverse and inclusive organisation? The future of your workplace may depend on it. Thank you to Oana, for sharing you tips!
Interested in joining more of our HR Power Sessions? Join the Circular Community for free and keep up to date with all our upcoming events!